Monday, July 9, 2012

Salkis Re, Sisterlocks for-Comb My Hair.com

 This was me when I had my sisterlocks, I stayed in a pretty red auburn color with black underneath. I love my hair like this, but after 9 years it was time to let it go. I never had length this long with my natural hair so it was pretty amazing to see my hair grow past my shoulders. Now the challende is for me to get that length with my natural hair but we'll see.

As for getting length with locs, its really about less product and more care. As my hair got longer, it was easy to put them into ponytails as a way of getting them out of my face but my locs suffered the price of that continued stress from tight ponytails. My hairline became weak and my locs started to thin out too.

Be careful when using products, anything that is not water soluble really isn't good for locs and can weight the hair down overtime. Waxes and gels do not wash completely out and year at year, they build up on your locs and can cause breakage too. That 'smooth' look you crave comes with a price and that price is rotting, mildew locs, scalp thinning and hair loss.

Keep styling for special occasion or if you must have a fierce look, make sure it is not uncomfortable to wear. Any style that is too tight with pull on your hair follicles and lead to breakage.
 So in a nutshell, if you want long healthy locs, leave them alone and love them as they are.


I love natural hair and Loc pictures and advice and I hope u do too. Thanks for reading and share your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment