Monday, July 23, 2012

How Long have You Been Naturally Curly?


 I get asked this question alot, and the answer for me is, "I don't know and I don't care" Some women are serious about charting their natural hair journey, and while there is nothing wrong with it, I think some calculations are a bit extreme.

" I am 2 years 3 month a week and four days natural"? Blank Stare: really? Must we chart the days like we are giving birth or getting older. You know the only reason to track time like that is because you expect it to end one day.. you know, like your life!

Why not just enjoy the process of exploring this natural side of you. Why not have kid-like curiosity about your curls, your spongy coils. Why not delight in stretching out a fallen strand of hair to see if it will snap back. If you plan to be  wearing your naturally curly hair forever, then what is really the point of counting the days..Just live your life  for Pete's sake....

Afro coil hair courtesy of 'Back to Retro"




I love natural hair and Loc pictures and advice and I hope u do too. Thanks for reading and share your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment