Friday, July 20, 2012

Do you like your Locs long or short?


"Saturn" courtesy of http://haitianhunny.blogspot.com



 I think we all go through a stage with our locs when we wished there were short again, especially when they start getting heavy and difficult to style. You tend to miss the fluffiness or new locs, the big hair, the way it held a curl and how easy it was to wash them, Then as time goes on you start rocking different styles and you think you long locs are just the cutest thing. But then it reaches a length and a time when you feel you've tried every style, your tired from them scraping the back of your neck and how it takes to dry. yup I think that's the natural progression of lock life.

 You are frustrated with them, you like them, you love them then your ready to let them go and start a new set of locs. When I cut mined a few month ago, so many people were disappointing, I got emails and calls from total strangers that have followed my blogs for a few years and there were devastated that I cut my locs off. I didn't realize how many people were attached to my locs that didn't even know me, lol. But I understand how personal it is, and much of a family we are as loc wearers. Its like your in an unspoken club of sorts, passing each other by in the streets and giving a head nod secret approval to all who are in the loc family. Share your thoughts, do u like your locs now or better back then..



I love natural hair and Loc pictures and advice and I hope u do too. Thanks for reading and share your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment