Friday, July 13, 2012

How do you style short dred locs ?



Short dred locs


 When my locs were in its sort stage I had a hard time creating an attractive look. I wanted my hair to be down my back like yesterday so it was a hurdle. When my locs here short I did several things to carry me through that in between stage.
Some of the products i used was :
  • xsmall sponge rollers
  • sewn-in weaves
  • twist extensions 
The first thing i did was roller sets with the smallest sponge rollers, I would mix water with a little hair spray and mist each section of hair before rolling it, I would roll my locs into crop looks with the sides and back set tighter than the top, usually I'd sleep in my rollers and style my locs the next morning.

I also did sewn-in weaves with curly textured hair extensions., Most people are under an impression that you can weave your hair with locs in it and that's simply not true. You can cornrow your locs  and sew the extensions on top of the locs.

Depending on the size of your locs twist extensions can work too. I did mine with kinky hair and sometimes with yarn or kinky braiding hair, this technique works very well on sisterlocks(tm) and small locs. Just take a bout 4 locs(if your locs are micro size)make 2 sections and add the extension hair and twist. I try to take an even number of loc section so one side won't have bulk.
You can also do mini twist outs if you have enough length to cornrow it for the set.

Aside from these methods, you will just have to be patient and let your locs grow, but the reward for patience is a beautiful head of locs, so chin up!





I love natural hair and Loc pictures and advice and I hope u do too. Thanks for reading and share your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment